Jade Communications is making Google Apps™ suite of communication and collaboration tools available to our Internet customers soon. Google Apps is a set of software applications that are hosted remotely and accessed using a Web browser so there is nothing to download, update or maintain on your computer. Primary applications include Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Talk (Instant Messaging/Chat), Google Docs, (wordprocessing, spreadsheet and presentation tools), and Google Sites (website creation tools) and many other applications. How are Jade's Google Apps different from the free applications that Google already offers? While you may already be familiar with using GMail, the integrated suite of Google Apps services offered by Jade Communications will come with the following benefits:
- No Advertising: unlike free Gmail, our Google Mail is ad-free. Also, the content of your email is NOT parsed for advertising key words.
- A single location for all applications: access email, calendar, chat, document and Website tools from one location
- Increased storage: Google Apps provides 15GB of combined storage for email, documents, and sites.
- Calendar sharing: customize sharing settings to meet your individual needs
- More Access Controls: Google Apps puts you in charge of who can access documents, websites, and calendar events
- Technical Support: our Tech Support Help Desk is ready to respond to Google Apps questions
- Best in Class products: Google's platform is a Best in Class messaging service with tightly integrated supporting applications
- New product innovation: take advantage of Google's commitment to developing new products and applications
This new architecture will enable services with improved capacity, security, collaboration,and flexibility with access to information from any Web browser. More information will be provided as we approach the migration, but we wanted to let you know that we plan on making these new services available to our valued customers. Watch for more detailed information coming soon.
Backhoes, bullets, excavators and fiber issues! To hear our song about it,